Where's my VST?
It's rarely clearly documented where the default installation path is for VST plugins and Windows Explorer search is
pretty slow when you try to search an entire drive. Below is a reference of where some popular plugins are installed by default.
This chart assumes you are concerned with the 64bit version of the plugin.
- KORG VST2 - C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\KORG
- Native Instruments VST2 - C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64bit
- Spectrasonics VST2 - C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\plug-ins
- Waves VST2 - C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns
- u-he VST3 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
- Kilohearts VST3 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Kilohearts
- Image-Line VST2 - C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
- XLN Audio VST2 - C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
Standard VST Locations
(Why can't VST installers just use these?)
- VST2 - C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
- VST3 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
back to index
© xanNODE 2021